Monday, January 24, 2005

Baldie...


Today, after a long 6 hour drive back from Kuala Terengganu, we still had the energy to do something that we had wanted to do for a while now, to shave Ilhan's head, hehe..

Ilhan is 6 months and 22 days old today. Time has flown since he was first giving out his first cries and after he was shaved yesterday, he now looks so, so big... He has become the joy in the lives of Sue and I, and like all parents, we only want the best for our children. Time will fly even faster now, he will grow bigger, go to school, etc.

Biggest lesson that I have learnt as a parent, is to appreciate parenthood. In this I mean, to appreciate our parents. All the sacrifices that they've made, time, energy, money, hobbies, friends, holidays, the list goes on and on.

I look back to the time when I was in school and if I needed anything (in this I mean the necessities) my father would never ask me where would he get the money to buy it for me, and the countless times I had football games here and there, yadda yadda yadda.. Now I am in that position. I pray and hope, that I am given the strengh and will to be able to provide, and provide well for Ilhan (and who knows how many more ;) ) Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home